Appraisal Report Writing Basics with Sample Appraisal Template
Purpose of this Paper: The purpose of this 16-page paper in (downloadable in .pdf format) is to explain the letter style format I prefer for reporting the results of my appraisal assignments in accordance with STANDARD 8 of USPAP.
About this Paper: This paper (see below thumbnails) is for beginners and experienced personal property appraisers who would like to make use of an appraisal template that helps ensure USPAP compliance, and that presents and visually emphasizes the required elements of information in a fashion that mirrors the Appraisal Process as set forth in USPAP’s STANDARDS 7 and 8.
What you can expect to learn from this Paper:
- The importance of closely editing any appraisal template to ensure relevance to the assignment at hand
- How to use the letter-style report format
- Important considerations regarding pagination
- Using a Table of Contents
- Sample appraisal template. A complete sample appraisal template consisting of a title page, table of contents, transmittal letter, valuation section, and appraiser’s profile demonstrates my preferred method of presenting the required elements of information for a donation appraisal.
Caveat: As noted in this paper, USPAP does not dictate the form or style of an appraisal report. The enclosed templates are my preferred method of USPAP-compliant appraisal report design. Do not use appraisal report templates without reviewing every word of every sentence and making edits, additions and deletions to the content as necessary given the intended use of the report as well as the needs of the client and other intended users. Include any additional information necessary in order for the report to be understandable.
Author: David J. Maloney. Jr., AOA CM
Cost: $9 US
Delivery: After payment has been made, you will be redirected to a sign-in page. After signing in, you will be emailed a link and password to access the document.